Tourists from anywhere in the world will be allowed to visit Costa Rica.
Minors under 18 years old and adults who are fully vaccinated can visit Costa Rica without purchasing a health insurance policy.
In order to qualify, adults must demonstrate the following:
- That they received an authorized vaccine. These are: Moderna, Pfizer/BioNTech, AstraZeneca, or Johnson & Johnson (Janssen).
- That the last dose of the schedule was administered at least 14 days before entering Costa Rica.
This proof must be demonstrated via a vaccine document that includes the person’s full name, the date of each dose, the pharmaceutical used, and the lot number.
For U.S. tourists, the “Covid-19 Vaccination Record Card” meets Costa Rica’s requirements.
Here are the requirements to fly into Costa Rica on a commercial flight as a tourist:
- Fill out the electronic epidemiological HEALTH PASS form, available at https://salud.go.cr. This should be completed in the 48 hours before arrival in Costa Rica.
For international insurance policies, tourists must request a certificate from their insurance company, issued in English or Spanish, verifying the following three conditions:
- Effectiveness of the policy during the visit to Costa Rica.
- Guaranteed coverage of medical expenses in the event of becoming ill with COVID-19 while in Costa Rica for at least $50,000 (U.S. dollars).
- Includes minimum coverage of $2,000 for lodging expenses issued as a result of the pandemic.
Passengers who fail to comply with these requirements may not enter the country.
Once you are inside the Country
Upon landing in Costa Rican territory, travelers must wear face protection and comply with the protocols of the air terminal with regard to physical distancing, disinfection of carpets, and taking temperature readings, and must follow any other sanitary instructions.
The Costa Rica Tourism Board (ICT) has an English-language website detailing these entry requirements: Costa Rica Tourism Board Site.
You don't need to use your mask while in the car unless you are using public transportation or a shuttle. You are expected to wear a mask while going inside the stores. It is optional to wear the mask while in open air areas.
Some countries mandates that all people get tested for the coronavirus within three days of their flight.
Getting tested here is really easy, we can organize Antigen test for $ 55 or PCR test for $ 120 at the Lodge. Results are delivered by email all within the 72 hours required.